Zimbra: Thunderbird Calendar
Zimbra calendar and contacts follow the CalDAV and ContactDAV standards.
For Thunderbird, you need to install the "Lightning" calendar addon. Go to Tools -> Addons, and search for "Lightning".
Once you have the Calendar component installed, the steps to add your Zimbra calendar are as follows:
- Click on File -> New -> Calendar
- Select On the Network
- Select CalDAV
- Enter the following into the Location: https://mail.ncf.ca/dav/ACCOUNT_ID@ncf.ca/CALENDAR_NAME
Enter your NCF accountID where it says ACCOUNT_ID, and the Zimbra calendar you wish to add where it says CALENDAR_NAME.
eg., in my case, to add the default Zimbra calendar, which is named simply "Calendar", I would enter:
- Check Cache - so your calendar contents will be accessible even if you're offline
- Click Next
- Give it a name, eg. Zimbra: Calendar, and choose a color - I like blue!
- IFF you have more than one email account setup, you'll also want to tell it which one to associate with that calendar