Difference between revisions of "Billing FAQ"
(Created page with "== How do I move my DSL to a new address? == * Check that your new address has DSL available by filling out the yellow box on our [registration form](https://www.ncf.ca/ncf/r...")
Revision as of 16:17, 25 July 2018
- 1 How do I move my DSL to a new address?
- 2 What is the return policy for modems purchased from NCF?
- 3 How can I make payments to NCF?
- 4 Is there a fine/interest on late payment?
- 5 Why is my account disabled?
- 6 What is the cancellation policy?
- 7 How do I suspend my DSL service when I won't be using it?
How do I move my DSL to a new address?
- Check that your new address has DSL available by filling out the yellow box on our [registration form](https://www.ncf.ca/ncf/registration/dsl/) or by calling our help desk. We only offer DSL service in Ontario and Québec.
- We need at least 5 business days notice to schedule the installation. Typically, someone needs to be home for the installation, so let us know if there is a day you prefer, and your preference of morning (8am - 12pm), afternoon (12pm - 5pm), or evening (5pm - 9pm). Note that only morning or afternoon appointments are available on Saturday, and Sundays and holidays are not available.
- There is a DSL install fee to move your service, refer to our [pricing page](link to rates page) for the current price. Since the same fee applies to any changes to DSL, it's a good time to change the speed of your plan when you are moving since you are already paying the fee.
- You can request the move [through our website](https://www.ncf.ca/ncf/support/officeMsg.jsp?subjKey=DSLMove&submitIntro=true) or by calling the help desk.
What is the return policy for modems purchased from NCF?
- New modems can be returned for a refund within 30 days and can be replaced under warranty within 1 year
- Refurbished modems and routers can be returned for a refund within 30 days and can be replaced under warranty within 90 days
How can I make payments to NCF?
- We can take automatic payments for your monthly bill from a Visa, MasterCard, or from your bank account if you provide us the account number or a void cheque.
- You can make one-time payments by phone or online by credit card or e-transfer. Send e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the security question "What is it for?" and the answer being "internet".
- You can also make payments in our office by cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, cheque. We also accept post-dated cheques for each month of service.
- Payment for hardware and for the installation fee can only be made by cash, debit, or credit card.
Is there a fine/interest on late payment?
- No. Currently there is no fines/interest associated with late payment, however, for DSL accounts that owe more than $20 will have their account disabled and not have service
Why is my account disabled?
- Members who owe balance ($20 or more) on their account will have their DSL account disabled after 10 business days and 3 consecutive email alerts are sent.
- Members who have their DSL account in disabled state for 45days will have their account permanently disabled and removed.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Members can cancel their DSL service or account at anytime. Refund is provided for the unused days in the billing period or the member can donate the balance to NCF.
- When we receive your cancellation, we'll send a confirmation email for your records. If you don't receive a confirmation email, assume that we did not receive your request to cancel your service and that we will continue to bill the monthly fee.
- At NCF there is no long-term contract, no penalty fees, no hassles or need to return your modem (it's yours, you own it, you keep it!) and no high-pressure sales pitches.
How do I suspend my DSL service when I won't be using it?
- We can suspend your service so you don't pay the full price, but we still need to charge $20 per month, plus the dry-loop fee if applicable, to maintain the connection on your line.
- If you'll be away for more than about 2 months, it's less expensive to disconnect the service and reconnect it when you return, since you pay only the activation fee instead of the monthly connection fee. In this case, we need 5 business days notice to schedule the re-connection.