About NCF DSL Processes
The purpose of this document is to explain how NCF operates with respect to the provision and support of the DSL Broadband Service offered to NCF members.
Please refer to our DSL Terms of Service for related information.
- In order to keep costs down, NCF has automated many systems to provision, track and notify Members about the status of their Service. NCF requires that you provide and keep up-to-date at all times a working email address that you access on a regular basis in order to receive notifications about your Service.
- NCF will also email notifications related to the Service to the email address provided to the Member upon signup with NCF (i.e., ID@ncf.ca where the ID is two letters followed by three numbers, e.g., aa000).
- Use of NCF Broadband Service requires that the Member provide a modem that will work with the technology employed by its third party service providers. Currently, any ADSL2+ modem should work as long as its configuration is not locked to another provider. For VDSL service, VDSL modem sold by NCF must be used. Please see our help site for configuration information.
- You may elect to:
- Purchase a modem from NCF at the current advertised prices. NCF will provide full support of the configuration of the modem and a manufacturer replacement warranty of any defective modem purchased from NCF. The warranty is two years for TP-Link modems and one year for SmartRG modems, from date of purchase.
- Purchase and configure any ADSL2+ modem on your own. NCF provides documentation to assist you to correctly configure your modem for use with NCF. Should you require assistance with the initial configuration of a modem that was not purchased directly from NCF, a setup fee may apply at the discretion of NCF.
- When the order for Service is placed with the third party supplier, the supplier may indicate that a visit is required to your premises or they may indicate that no visit is required. This means that the supplier may or may not require access inside your premises. The supplier may also change the status of whether a visit is required from the time the order is accepted to the “installation date”.
- Note for multi-dwelling (e.g., apartment/condo) buildings: the installer may only require access to the utility room or demarcation point for your building and not necessarily your apartment/unit. NCF recommends that you make arrangements with your landlord for access to the appropriate area of the building, if required.
- NCF will try its best to inform you whether a premises visit is required by the supplier. This notification will be made via email or a phone call, therefore it is essential that you provide a working email address and phone number when subscribing to our Broadband Service.
- Should a premises visit be required by the third party supplier, NCF highly recommends that you make yourself available (or have an individual over 18 years old available) for the third party technician.
- Should you or your representative be unavailable, the third party supplier may not be able to complete the order/work required to activate your Service. In this case, NCF will work with you to reschedule an installation date with the third party supplier. If the third party supplier levies any fees for the missed visit, NCF will pass these fees along to you. Also note that rescheduling a new installation date may require another 4-5 business days time frame.
Monthly and One-time Payments
- Members will be billed for recurring services on a monthly cycle. All services are pre-paid. NCF offers billing via credit card or pre-authorized payment through auto-debit.
- Failure to remit payments by the due dates may result in the suspension and/or termination of DSL Broadband Service. Should NCF terminate the DSL Broadband Service with the third party supplier, fees may apply to reactivate the service once the account is settled. These fees are levied by the third party supplier and are passed along to the Member.
- Should NCF, through its third party supplier, be unable to provide Service for any reason when the Service is initiated:
- a full refund for services will be provided to the Member.
- a full refund for the modem will be provided to the Member, if the modem was purchased from NCF (as verified by the serial number) and is returned with all packaging material and in the same condition in which it was sold.
- If you decide to cancel your service within the first 30 days, you may return any hardware (modem, filter/s) purchased from NCF (as verified by the serial number) with all original packaging material and in the same condition it was sold for a full refund.
- Further, should NCF be unable to provide service during any time as a direct result of issues with the third party supplier provision of the service, a credit for length of time of the outage will be given to the Member. Outages or inability to use the service that is directly related to Member-provided equipment, wiring within the premises or any other factor, will not be refunded. Essentially, if we can get a refund from our supplier, then we will pass this refund on to you.
Cancellation of Services
- Members may cancel their service at any time.
- NCF can not provide refunds for partial months of service. However, if you had pre-paid several months, full months beyond the month in which the cancellation occurred will be refunded at your request.
- NCF requires a minimum of 5 business days to process a cancellation order. If you cancel your service on the last day of your billing cycle you will incur an extra month of charges.
- Cancellation of DSL Services does not automatically cancel your membership in NCF.
Account suspensions are available for a minimum of 28 days/one month, there is no maximum.
For all DSL accounts, the charge during the suspended period is $20 per month + the dry line cost + HST and is pro-rated for mid-month periods (ie. five weeks = (monthly cost) * (5 weeks / 4 weeks)). This is processed internally as a credit on their account for the difference between their regular plan and the amount charged during the suspension. Connectivity will be disabled during the suspension period.
We ask members to give us one week's advance notice to process. If notice given is less than one week we will try to process it as fast as we can but we cannot guarantee the start date of the suspension period. The member will be charged the suspended rate as of its implementation date.