Mike Trottier is an experienced facilitator, adult educator and management consultant with a long and successful history in the field of organizational and staff development. He has designed and presented numerous programs to hundreds of clients. He is a skilled teacher who possesses the ability to design programs that are sophisticated and exceptionally effective. Michael's enthusiasm, diligence and highly refined communication skills ensure that he consistently receives positive reactions from participants from both the public and private sectors. He has also facilitated many meetings and conferences. Michael works in French, English or bilingual format
PHD EDUCATION (ABD) State University of New York
MASTER OF EDUCATION: Niagara University
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION: Queen's University
BACHELOR OF ARTS: Carleton University
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for all staff of the Human Resources Branch of Justice Canada.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for representatives of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges and the Canadian Small Business Association on how community colleges and small business can increase their level of collaboration.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for all staff of the Comptrollership Branch of the Treasury Board Secretariat.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for all staff of the CIO of Industry Canada.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for the senior management team of the Operations Branch of Industry Canada.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for all staff of the Government-on-Line Branch of Industry Canada.
• Facilitated a public and stakeholder consultation exercise for Health Canada to develop a strategy for Healthy Living for Canadians. Public meetings were held in eight Canadian cities,
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for all staff of the Performance Management Directorate of the Treasury Board Secretariat.
• Facilitated a series of strategic planning meetings for the senior management team of DY4 Corporation.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for the senior management team of Paradise Island Resorts, Bahamas.
• Facilitated a series of strategic planning meetings for the senior management team of Fairmont Hotels in Québec.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for the senior management team of the Department of Family and Community Services of the Province of New Brunswick.
• Chaired the annual conference of information specialists sponsored by the Library of Parliament on the impact of information technology in the workplace.
• Facilitated Environment Canada’s Public Consultation Process on the Development of regulations for the Canadian pulp and paper industry (a series of public consultations held in communities across Canada.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for the Board of Directors of the Canadian Tourism Human Resources Council.
• Facilitated a strategic planning meeting for the senior management team of Hewlett Packard Corporation.
• Chaired the Blue Ribbon Panel of community leaders sponsored by the Ottawa Citizen. This series of meetings involved the high technology, academic and government communities in exploring ways to promote Ottawa-Carleton as Silicon Valley North.
Leadership and Management
• Teach the Management Development Program for Statistics Canada.
• Teach a series of three courses offered to all staff by the Department of Family and Community Services of the Province of New Brunswick: Leading Culture Change, Building and Leading a Strong Team and Manager as Coach.
Teach The Essentials of Management Consulting for Consulting and Audit Canada.
• Teach a management development continuum for DY4 Corporation made up of three courses: Building and Leading a Strong Team, Coaching Staff for Superior Performance and Leading Change.
• Taught a series of Manager as Coach courses and Performance Management courses for the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.
• Has taught leadership and team skills for SHL Systemhouse technical personnel working on the Department of National Defense Material Management System Re-design project.
• Taught Organizational Behaviour, a required course for the Masters of Business Administration Degree at the University of Ottawa.
• Designed and taught the course Leadership At The Top, a program offered to Deputy Ministers, to Associate and Assistant Deputy Ministers and to Agency Heads by the Canadian Center for Management Development. This program has been attended by over 90 Senior Executives from across Canada.
• Designed and taught Transforming Leadership, a six day course offered in Singapore and attended by senior public and private sector leaders representing Singapore, Hong Kong, The Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Thailand. A major theme of this course is how information technology is changing business-government relationships around the world.
• Designed and taught Meeting The Challenge of the Global Economy, a course offered to Under Secretaries and Assistant Under Secretaries of the Government of Brunei.
• Designed and taught Principles of Adult Education and Facilitation Skills course offered by the Leadership College of Malaysia (INTAN).
• Designed and taught the Leadership Colloquium, a five day course offered to senior executives, Ambassadors and High Commissioners from around the world by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.
• Managed a series of consultation projects performed for the United Nations in Eastern Europe (Latvia) which culminated in a three day course offered to the Prime Minister, Cabinet and Under-Secretaries of the Latvian Government. Is returning in October, 1999 to work with new Prime Minister and Cabinet. The program was designed to help the Latvian Government develop a market based economy.
• Designed and taught Leading Change, a series of three day courses for Canadian
Embassies in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Boston, Jakarta and Minneapolis.
• Designed and taught a Public Sector Leadership Course for L’école nationale d’administration de Tunisie.
Other Management, Change and Leadership Programs:
Private Sector Organizations
Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Intera Technologies
Litton Canada Bell Northern Research
Mitel Northern Telecom Canada
SHL Systemhouse CIBA-Geigy
Cognos Pirelli Cables
BASF Southam Incorporated
Cybernex Canadian Astronautics
Spar Aerospace Peerless Carpets International
Saville Systems Nokia
Other Management, Change and Leadership Programs:
CARE Canada Royal Ontario Museum
Canadian Nurses Association Library of Parliament
Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Elizabeth Bruyère Health Center
Ottawa-Carleton United Way Children’s Hospital, Eastern Ontario
Ottawa Civic Hospital National Research Council
Canadian Radio and Television Commission Humanities Research Council
Museums Canada Tax Court of Canada
Geological Surveys Telesat Canada
Canadian College of Health Executives United Nations
References available on request